A new lodge was built for the Superintendent at Callander Cemetery in 1929. At this time the Superintendent was Mr Donald McLaren who earned £2.15 per week. Accommodation of the lodge was not included and Mr McLaren had to pay £15 per annum for the one bedroom lodge.
Stirling Council Archives holds the plans in its Perthshire County Council collection. The Parish Council minutes (PR/CA/1/9) list the contractors involved in the building of the lodge and the amounts payable to each.
The plans were drawn by the practice, E. Simpson, McMichael & Davidson of King Street, Stirling. Simpson had retired by this time and the practice was run by Partners, Alastair M. McMichael and George M. Davidson until the end of World War II. Not only a local architect, McMichael was also a magistrate and police judge before being elected Provost in 1945. Davidson was born in Bridge of Allan, his father being Chief Engineer at Pullar’s Kierfield Works. Both men died in the 1950s and their obituaries can be found in local newspapers, the Stirling Journal and the Stirling Observer (available to view in the Archives searchroom).