These beautiful plans of this well-known Stirling Church have just been handed in to the Archives to join the written records of the Church that we already hold here.
Allan Park Church was created as a separate church in late 1865, when some of the worshippers at the Erskine Church split to form their own congregation. The Managers of the newly formed church purchased a site for their church building beneath the town wall. This patch of ground was sold to the church by the Patron’s of Allan’s Hospital and was known as Busbie’s Orchard or Gibb’s garden. The architects chosen for the commission were Messrs Peddie and Kinnear of Charlotte Street, Edinburgh. Funds for the building were provided by private donors as well as by subscription.
Until the new church was built, worship, bible class and the Sunday School took place in the Union Hall, with midweek prayer meetings at the Stirling High School. The new church building was finally completed in 1867 at the cost of £4,893, 8 shillings and 11 pence. This does not include the cost of the north and south stained glass windows, which were gifted by members of the congregation. The opening service took place on the 20th October 1867.
These plans are those submitted to the Church Managers by the architects when they were bidding for the commission.